Round three is now open for the Queensland Government’s Small Business Digital Grant program. If you missed out on round one and two, this is your shot! Applications close on October 24, 2017 at 5pm, so there is no time to lose.
Any Small Business Owner in Queensland should be thinking of applying – and we can help you. To remove some of the guesswork, we answered frequently asked questions surrounding this excellent initiative…
What is the Small Business Digital Grant Program?
The program was developed to provide Small Businesses with access to digital services and technologies they can’t afford to access on their own. It will enable Queensland Small Business owners to:
- work smarter;
- engage with the Global Economy; and
- maximise online business opportunities.
How much funding can I expect to get?
The Queensland Government is willing to match up to $10,000 for funding of digital marketing and coaching services, software (including websites) and hardware. Yes, “matched funding of up to $10,000”!!
Do you wish you had the funds to invest in Google AdWords or SEO management, or launch a fully resourced Facebook advertising campaign? Well, this could be the path to get you there.
You could look at hiring Gordon Digital to take care of your Facebook Advertising, EDMs, the design of a new website, SEO and Google AdWords management – all services which are applicable to the Small Business Digital Grant.
So how do I get my grant?
You must show how the digital service you choose will enhance your business’ digital capabilities to help you be more competitive and even take on more staff. If you need help crafting the perfect application, get in touch so we can assist you.
This sounds too good to be true, why is the Government doing this?
This grant isn’t only going to help grow your business, it will also help grow the Queensland Business Sector. The Queensland Government have said their objective for the program is to:
- assist small businesses to access the latest digital technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness;
- enable small businesses to employ more staff and grow;
- provide access to training that will allow small businesses to use new technologies more effectively; and
- enable regional small businesses to expand their market reach through greater online presence.
They’re aiming to assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work fewer hours creating more efficient and healthy industry.
How do I know if I am eligible?
To be eligible your business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST;
- be based in Queensland have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year; and
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
All Queensland Small Businesses can apply, provided they match the above criteria and can show the digital service they intend to use will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and will assist the business to be more competitive.
What service/s should I be choosing?
After a quick consultation, the Gordon Digital team can put together a multi-faceted digital strategy for your business with the services you need most.
We have a range of very affordable services you could gain access to with this matched funding:
- Facebook Advertising Management from $405/month
- EDM Management from $240/month
- AdWords Management from $405/month
- SEO Services from $599/month
- Website Design from $699
We will also provide the reason for choosing each service (the proof you’ll need to use in your application) using the following assessment criteria. The Queensland Government will prioritise applications based on;
- the impact the digital service will have on your business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes);
- the extent to which the digital service will enhance the digital capabilities of your business to make the business more competitive;
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth; and
- value for money.